Standardization is essential in order to deploy helpful and comparable training materials across all areas of training. With 25 + developers from all areas of campus, we must come together as a team and commit to standardization. For this purpose, a "Styles and Standards" document has been organized, detailing various aspects of training which are required to be uniform.
Remember: Training materials should reflect all aspects of FSU's UPK Content Standardization Guide (Full).
Things to Think About Before Developing Content:
- Remember to press F11 before beginning your first screen shot!
- Always start from the OMNI Portal Page (seen immediately after logging into OMNI).
- Document navigation through the main screen menu, not the left-hand navigation bar.
- Once you have navigated to the desired screen, minimized the left-hand navigation bar and record this step.
- Be aware of scrolling! If scrolling is needed on a page to capture particular areas/links/buttons, click and drag the scroll bar, then print screen, to capture this step.
- It is always better to capture extra screen shots which can later easily be deleted in the Editor, then have to go back and re-create screen shots to insert. When in doubt, print screen again!
- Always end the topic by clicking on the "Home" link in the top, right-hand bar and print screening this page.